วันจันทร์ที่ 27 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552

Kangaroo : The Australia’s most iconic animal



I had dreamed that one day I would pat a kangaroo affectionately since I watched a TV show,the America's Funniest Home Videos.I was fascinated to see the real national symbol of Australia in Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.Then,my dream came true.I was surrounded by a mob of kangaroos while they were spending the day resting in shade.They are social animals that live in groups or "mobs". They did not jump but prefer to sleep when I was there. This may be because the marsupial I found were some kinds of nocturnal.Since there are over 60 different species of kangaroo and their close relatives,most are nocturnal but some are active in the early morning and late afternoon.I was very lucky to have a golden opportunity to stroke the sleepy living creature tenderly several times.It did not pay any attention to me,though.I was happy to do so because the win-win situation made me sure that I would not be kicked by the mammal with two powerful hind legs.They became my models,kangaroos in Lone Pine.

1 ความคิดเห็น:

Ladawan กล่าวว่า...

Sorry that you didn't see jumping kangaroos. They were too lazy to do anything accepting sleeping all day.

May be we should go to the Australian Zoo next time.