วันอาทิตย์ที่ 26 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552

ANZAC Day :Australian War Memorial



I was up at the crack of dawn to observe Australian and New Zealand troops marching through the streets of Brisbane on the ANZAC Day.ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.It is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand.It is commemorated on 25 April every year to honour members of the soldiers who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I.They landed on the coast and were killed there by the Turkish army, who were fighting on the side of the Germans.
ANZAC Day now broadly commemorates all those who died and served in military operations for the country.Thus,I could see soldiers in various ages,families of the soldiers,the war medical persons and war dogs parading through the city.Thousands of people gathering along the streets clapped their hands in order to express their appreciation as they passed by.I felt good to see how the people showed their deeply grateful feeling to the courageous soldiers.They are their heroes.I did not reluctantly protographed the Australia's important national occasion because it was my first time seeing the special day of Australians.

Resources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANZAC_Day
http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/Gallipoli
http://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac/

1 ความคิดเห็น:

Ladawan กล่าวว่า...

Did I tell you that my tear ran down when I saw massive people along the street claps their hands for the soldiers who protected thier country? This was an unforgetable moment for me.