วันเสาร์ที่ 5 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2552

If you think you can, you can!


Recieved a certificate from The Australian Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand, H.E. Mr. Paul Grigson.

I'm thinking about posting biographies of people who success in their lives and can be good role models for you. Therefore, I will write about them, one person a week so that you can learn how those people can reach their dreams and achieve their goals. I really hope that you will be inspired and think about yourselves.
Today I would like to introduce you to one of my students who is also my niece. Her name is Ladawan Hengwichitkul. You can see her messages on this blog sometimes. I decided to write about her firstly because she is a kind of person who doesn’t come from a perfect background, but a negative attitude toward English. She hated English and didn’t think she could study it because she thought that she was not good at it. Once when she was in the 9th grade (matthayom 3), she was informed by her English teacher that she failed her midterm exam. She was so sad that she didn’t want to study anymore. I talked to her and told her that if she did a great effort and believed in herself, she could pass it. Luckily, she believed me. She did her task commitment and kept discipline to practice her English every day. Finally, she did not only pass it, she also has been the top of English subject since then. This may be a reason why she chose to study English as her major when she went to the university.
In her working life, she used to work at one of famous private schools in Bangkok as a head of Innovation and International Projects to build up online learning network with schools in other countries and also worked for Srinakharinwirot University where she earned her Master's Degree in English.
Ladawan is now studying in Australia. She received a scholarship from Australian government to undertake the Interactive Digital Media Games at Southbank Institute of Technology in Brisbane, Queensland. She received several awards including the Thailand Think.com Teacher Challenge2008, Microsoft Innovative Teacher Leadership Awards 2007, the Thailand Animation & Multimedia Awards 2005. She also received a scholarship to take the online Professional Development Course in the Teaching of Foreign Language and Second Languages by using ICT as Tools in 2008 from the USA.
Surprisingly, even if she has very good English skills, as my opinion, she still practices her English every day by reading English novels, listening to audio books, writing a journal and imitating native speaker’s accent from the T.V. I told you a lot about her because I want you to know that you can be like her or more than her, if you think you can and do a GREAT effort to achieve what you really want. So...let’s start it now.

Scholarship Link: http://www.ozthaialumni.in.th/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=223

16 ความคิดเห็น:

Free Template กล่าวว่า...

it's nice blog and nice blog content

Greeting & GODBLESSabu

Free Template กล่าวว่า...

it's nice blog and nice blog content

Greeting & GODBLESS

Kes กล่าวว่า...

You are my inspiration.I like this senrence "if you think you can,you can.Enjoy your life in Australia
Kes

ไม่ระบุชื่อ กล่าวว่า...

if you think you can,you can

Sentences most impressive.

55+ I like it

-AM- กล่าวว่า...

Hi~ A.Pew

Mam' too~~~~~ long. =_="

So that's my inspiration "Ladawan". Gosh She's really look nice!!! and wow... I think she deserve for all of rewards she've earn.

Hahaha In her past, she just like me, but nobody teach me like you did to her.

I accept that I good in English a little, but in math and all of science~~ I totally like a balloon with nothing inside!!!

mannn... I shouldn't go with this science-math at all!!! It's drive me crazy and in the bad way!!!

Buddha help me TT^TT

♦♦AM♦♦

P.S. But I'll keep trying my best. Wish me luck~~♥

--[{Jady JD]}-- กล่าวว่า...

Truly! She is your student..

I think it's for long time,Who is she?,Why she type so long..
Now I see..

I think she just like who I want to be because she so try so hard and she succeed with it. And I love that.

Now she is my idol.555+


I'll try like her did.

Thank you...Bye

Yuuyee 6/5 กล่าวว่า...

Very good brother.
What would be a brother.
I admire the ability of the brother.
Asked brother to succeed.

♥ taew ♥ กล่าวว่า...

Hello

she writting so good and very talented .

MoToJoJoe กล่าวว่า...

Hi..A'Pew

She is my idol. ^^

already I will try and do it best.

I think if I have tried already , I must do it succeed.

"I am knowwing that , English doesn't be the language that me skillful but I never to think abandon it."

It is will necessary thing at most in the future.

Thank you ^^

Minkkiie กล่าวว่า...

Hi A'Pew

"if you think you can,you can"

I think I can study English and I hope take the final test have very good mark.

I will try ^^.

Love A'Prw

Minkkiie 6/1

Aom กล่าวว่า...

"if you think you can,you can"
I like topic.

Ladawan กล่าวว่า...

Dearest Ajarn Pewy,
Sorry for the delay. I’ve read this post since Monday, but I was so insanely busy with load of assignments that I couldn’t reply you. Your comments about my biography are very flattering. Oh well, I must give the credit to you who always inspire and support me. I’m really grateful for everything you have done for me and all of your students.
Well, you are right. I chose to study English at that time because it was the first thing that I could achieve and most of all; I enjoyed speaking, listening, reading and writing English. However, I don’t think you know that why I chose to be a teacher instead of other careers that I can make much more money. You are my role model. It is not only a teacher that I want to be, but I want to be a teacher like YOU who always sincerely cares and devotedly teaches students without double standard between smart and slow learners. This thing that you do makes a BIG difference in my life (and in many of your students’ lives). Everybody needs chance to prove that they can do it. I was given that chance by you in the darkest day in my life. It was such an important first step to lead me to this point. Now I’m doing what you once did for me...helping my students to find the value in their lives.
With lots of love,
Laddy

Ladawan กล่าวว่า...

Hello gals and guys,

nice to officially know you. thanks for ur kind words. yep, as ajarn pew said you need to believe in urself that you can do what you want to achieve.

i'm NOT spacial or genius, but i work really hard for what i want badly.
and also...

"i'm just an ORDINARY girl who always looks for an EXTRAORINARY path of life."

think big, and go for it! fighting!!!

sine กล่าวว่า...

Hi
I think she is so good.I remember that you talked in classroom.
Next week,we are have final test I hope get grade A.We are can do.
"If you think you can, you can!"

A kub กล่าวว่า...

A pew
verything in the would if you think you can you can

Nice กล่าวว่า...

I admire her very much to overcome this ply. If they never start doing successfully. If no step is to go on forever reside.